Monday, October 28, 2013

Farmer's Market Visit

On Saturday, my wife and I visited the local farmer's market.  My wife is currently working in Northern CA on a new project  for work and they have 3 farmer's markets each week in the city were she works.  At this time of year, there are many varieties of vegetables still available. My Flickr slideshow shows some of the wonderful displays by local farmers.

Flickr Slideshow

We purchased some potatoes and carrots to make a stew next weekend. We also purchased a couple different types of squash, eggplant and fresh kale.  Our final item we took home was fresh honey from a local farm.  We are looking forward to making some great dishes with the items we bought this week and plan to make a trip again next Saturday to see what great items are available.

3 comments:

  1. The veggies at the farmer's market look so good! If we could all eat organic, preferably non-GMO food, most of us would feel and look much better. Fast food is insidious yet, given our urban lifestyles, hard to resist. What's the expression? You are what you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-what amazing produce. I don't always have the time to go to the farmers market, but when I do it's always worth it. Look at how delicious the fruits and vegetables look. I'll bet they taste even better. Until I started back in school, we used to do a lot of cooking at home. Only fresh ingredients were used, and we are health conscious. We have no junk food in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find their prices to be a bit high, but the quality is usually very good.

    ReplyDelete